Guided Walks – Points to note
- All our walks are free. They start punctually.
- The majority of walks are within Kirklees but may cross the border.
- Walks are circular unless otherwise stated.
- Almost all are accessible by public transport so do try to use it!
- There are almost invariably hills, some of them steep.
- Changeable weather, mud, boggy ground, slippery steps or stiles may be encountered at any time.
- Families are welcome; children 16 and under must be with a parent/carer.
- You need to bring food and drink on all but the shortest walks.
- Dogs must be kept on a short lead at all times.
- The leader reserves the right to amend or cancel a walk in adverse weather.
- On the walks you are responsible for your own safety.
For the well-being of individuals and the group, the leader may decline to take anyone on a walk who is considered to have unsuitable clothing or footwear for the conditions, or who is thought by the leader unlikely to be able to cope with the pace or length of the walk. We would prefer you not smoke and would appreciate it if mobile phones could be switched off or put on ‘silent’.
Walks are graded as follows:
- Usually short, sometimes longer on fairly level ground with few, if any, stiles.
- Relaxed pace.
- Suitable for active people of all ages and those wishing to become fitter.
- Harder and often longer walks with some climbs.
- Many include moderately demanding paths.
- Suitable for reasonably fit people.
- Quite strenuous. May be long or short.
- Will involve hills, perhaps steep.
- Paths may be challenging.
- Suitable for strong walkers.
- While we always try to point out features of interest, theme walks involve more information on a particular topic.